This tool will help to awaken students to the opportunities created by digitalisation, sustainability and internationalisation for developing and implementing a new business in their field of study. The workshop can be carried out with students from any sector, and it is recommended to pursue the topic through business idea evaluation methods. The workshop can also be used as an exercise in business idea innovation.
The workshop is suitable for secondary and higher education students, both distance and face-to-face.
Students will be able to:
- Identify new business opportunities
- Use digital solutions, platforms and functionalities in their field of study and in a cross-sectoral manner
- Understand the requirements of ecological, social, cultural and economic sustainability for businesses
- Exploit the opportunities of internationalisation
Which aspect of entrepreneurial skills does the tool strengthen?
Opportunity perception, creativity, ethical and sustainable thinking.
The workshop can be organised in such a way that each group explores only one theme, after which the groups’ ideas are discussed.
Recommendation: Each group should record their ideas directly on a digital platform.
Questions to be considered in groups
- What does digitalisation mean in your field of study?
- What digital skills do you feel you will need in the future?
- What kind of entrepreneurship does digitalisation enable in the field you are studying?
- How can digital platforms be used in your field of study? What kind of business activities do they enable?
- What is meant by ecological, social, cultural and economic sustainability?
- What does sustainable development mean in your field of study?
- What sustainability-related skills do you feel you need in your field of study?
- What kind of entrepreneurship does sustainable development enable in your field of study?
- What does internationalisation mean in your field of study?
- What international skills do you feel you will need in the future?
- What opportunities do you see in internationalisation?
- What could international business be like in your field of study, with hindsight?