CAMP OF DREAMS innovation challenge
This tool allows students to practise innovation and brainstorming in a group. The aim is to produce a different, bold and new way of seeing things and to come up with ideas for value-added activities. The CAMP OF DREAMS innovation challenge can be implemented as a workshop, where solutions to a given challenge are innovated in a group, and the best idea is selected and presented to the rest of the group with a justification.
The tool is suitable for higher and secondary education students and for both distance and face-to-face learning.
- Identify new business opportunities.
- Students can exploit the opportunities offered by the ecosystem for their own ideas.
- Students will be able to generate and evaluate their business ideas.
What entrepreneurship competence areas will be strengthened by the tool?
Opportunity spotting, creativity, and ethical and sustainable thinking.
Preparing for the workshop. As a preliminary assignment, students can use reading tips, e.g. Sitra’s megatrends.
Solatie, J. Mäkeläinen, M. 2013.
Innovation literature can be found here: Books In English – Kirja kirjoista
YOUR DREAM CAMPUS
What services would you find at your dream campus?
The aim is to create something new. During the brainstorming phase, an open atmosphere and the presentation of ideas of all kinds is allowed. Groups of 3–5 people will be formed.
1. List at least 20 ideas from the following perspectives (approx. 15–20 mins).
- What would a hungry person want on campus?
- What would a person interested in well-being want on campus?
- What would a tired person want on campus?
- What would an enthusiastic person want on campus?
- What would a progressive person want on campus?
- (Any other questions about what you want from your campus?)
2. Choose the idea you think is the best and reflect on it from the following perspectives (approx. 15 mins).
- How could internationalism be part of the service you have in mind?
- How has sustainability been taken into account in the service?
- How could digitalisation be part of the service you have in mind?
- Could any of these be a success factor that would differentiate the service from its competitors?
3. Draw a picture of the service and come up with a slogan for the company (approx. 10–15 mins).
4. Stick a piece of paper on the wall/electronic work platform.
5. Pitching presentations. Presentation of the idea with justification (3 mins per presentation).
6. (Voting and/or possible promotion of the idea.)