The JEKKU Virtual Learning Environment is specifically tailored for secondary-level learners, providing a platform where students can recognize and articulate their project, entrepreneurship, and networking competencies. JEKKU’s content is structured around three core questions: Who am I? What do I know? and Whom do I know?
These materials are collaboratively developed with experts, students, and teaching staff, aligning with the curricula and educational objectives of secondary-level education. The environment is designed with a mobile-first approach and operates within the Emill application, available for download as an app or accessible through a browser.
How does the JEKKU Virtual Learning Environment support the competence objectives of the entrepreneurship education model in Northern Ostrobothnia?
• Student has a positive attitude towards entrepreneurial activity and recognises entrepreneurship as an opportunity for their career path.
• Student identifies business opportunities and can solve customer problems in a responsible, innovative and sustainable way in co-operation with their network.
• Student identifies and develops their own competences and strengths, taking into account the changing demands of working life while strengthening their competence identity.
• Student is able to function in different team and teamwork situations in accordance with their role and the culture of their community.
Which areas of entrepreneurship competence (EntreComp) does the JEKKU Virtual Learning Environment reinforce?
Self-awareness and confidence in one´s own abilities, spotting opportunities, working with others.
Duration: The JEKKU Virtual Learning Environment is well-suited for inclusion in a high school entrepreneurship course. Its components can be utilized across all subjects, offering flexibility in usage.
JEKKU can be used during studies as much or as little as desired; tasks may be implemented intensively or throughout the course, for example, for 1–2 hours per week.
Implementation tips (2-3):
• Integrate JEKKU Virtual Learning Environment’s entrepreneurship competence tasks into entrepreneurship and social studies.
• Utilize networking competence tasks during various team activities to enhance learning diversity and effectiveness.
• Apply the project competence framework in any lesson or course by incorporating projects into the studies.
• JEKKU Virtual Learning Environment also proves highly effective in supporting guidance counseling hours, utilizing tasks related to self-awareness or entrepreneurship competence.
Keywords: entrepreneurship skills, networking skills, project skills, self-awareness